Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - New for 2018, the Vallarta Botanical Garden is offering its own guided tour to this world-famous garden destination and pristine nature reserve! This exclusive experience immerses guests in both the natural beauty of Mexican plants and the richness of authentic Mexican cuisine.
Take for example one of Mexico's best celebrated gifts to the culinary world... vanilla. For too many people in the 21st century, the word "vanilla" has become interchangeable with "plain" or "boring" - but we say that's because they've never had the good stuff: authentic natural vanilla oozing in exotic aroma and full-bodied flavor!
To the earliest Spanish conquistadors of Mexico, who first introduced this extravagant spice to Europe, vanilla and chocolate were botanical treasures worth more than their weight in gold. Today, vanilla remains one of the world's most valuable spices.
Vanilla is just one of many captivating plants featured in this brand new all-inclusive tour of the Vallarta Botanical Garden. From tasty tropical crops that tease your palate to fascinating flowers that are truly feasts for the eyes, there is something for everyone on this one-of-a-kind garden adventure.
Your experience begins upon meeting up with your official Vallarta Botanical Garden guide who will serve as your companion and ambassador of Mexico's tremendous native flora and fauna. Together you will wind your way along Vallarta's stunning south shore and up the Horcones Canyon to the world-famous Vallarta Botanical Garden.
From there the adventure begins in earnest as you venture through garden trails, conservatories, and exhibits to explore and learn together.
You'll then dine in the magnificent Hacienda del Oro Restaurant with generous portions of authentic Mexican cuisine spotlighting some of the plants you just experienced in cultivation. Afterwards, you'll also have some free time to wander the garden at your leisure, swim in the crystalline waters of the mountain river flowing through the forest preserve, capture some photographs, or relax with a drink in hand on the observation deck of the Garden's Visitor Center.
There's no place quite like the Vallarta Botanical Garden, and the new Botanical Delights Tour and Culinary Adventure is the best way to get the most from your experience there. For just 1,700 MXN (approx. $89 USD) per person you'll enjoy a day full of delights & memories that last a lifetime. * Price subject to change without notice. Visit the garden's website for current price.
• The only guided tour of the World-Famous Vallarta Botanical Garden by Official Garden Guides
• Private air-conditioned transportation to and from several locations in the greater Puerto Vallarta area.
• Native plants including agaves, cacti, magnolias and one of Mexico's most extensive orchid collections
• Glimpses of native animals often including parrots and up to a dozen different species of hummingbirds
• Lunch at the award-winning Hacienda de Oro Restaurant
• Opportunities for additional activities such as swimming in a tropical river or making your own vanilla extract
• Private air-conditioned transportation
• Vallarta Botanical Garden entrance
• Welcome refreshment
• Insect repellent
• Flower for the ladies
• An authentic Mexican meal
What to Bring:
• Sunscreen, lightweight long-sleeved shirts and long pants for protection (optional)
• Closed-toed shoes suitable for hiking trails of moderate difficulty (including inclined and uneven surfaces)
• Swimming suit and a towel (optional)
• Cash for purchases in the Garden's Gift Shop & gratuity for your guide & waiters (optional way to reward great service) Please note: The Garden accepts cash in Mexican currency or can convert CAN and USD at its daily exchange rate. Visa, MasterCard, and American Express are also all accepted.
What to Expect:
• Quality & Service: In a class of its own!
The Vallarta Botanical Garden's Awards include:
USA TODAY's Reader's Choice ranking of #4 out of hundreds of gardens in North America
TripAdvisor's ranking of #1 for botanical gardens in Mexico
• Activity Level: Moderate walking; including inclined and/or uneven ground (when requested in advance, accommodations can be made for those with mobility challenges)
• Duration: 5 to 7 hours (mostly dependent on meet up / drop off location)
• Restrictions: Participants must be at least 4 years old. Minors must be accompanied by parent / legal guardians.
The Botanical Delights Tour & Culinary Adventure is available to individuals or groups of any size every Monday through Friday, and for groups of 6 or more on Saturdays and Sundays, through March 29, 2019. During the spring and summer months, tours will be available on Tuesdays and Thursdays only. For more information or to make your reservations, visit vbgardens.org, call (322) 688-6206 or 6295 from Mexico, 011 52 (322) 688-6206 or 6295 from the US or Canada, or email tours(at)vbgardens.org.
Visit the internationally famous Vallarta Botanical Garden located just 30 minutes south of Old Town at Km. 24 on Highway 200 and easily accessible by public transportation and taxi. This 64 acre wildlife preserve and botanical garden have something fun for everyone. Over 200 species of birds have been observed on the Garden's grounds. Don't forget to bring your swimsuit for a refreshing dip in the jungle river. See plantings of vanilla, chocolate, and hundreds of other botanical delights! Authentic Mexican Cuisine is served in the Hacienda de Oro Restaurant from 10 am to 5 pm. The Garden is open daily from 9 am to 6 pm (closed Mondays from April 1 to December 1). Garden admission is just $200 pesos. For more information, call (322) 223-6182 or visit vbgardens.org.
Click HERE to learn more about Vallarta Botanical Gardens.