Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - It is a world of flavors at the 25th Festival Gourmet International Vallarta, which runs November 19 to 24, 2019. This culinary event brings in chefs from all over the planet to create their specialities in Vallarta-Nayarit restaurants. Kaiser Maximilian has been participating in the event since its inception.
"It has been a wonderful experience to feature guest chefs in my restaurant over all these years," says Kaiser Maximilian owner, Andreas Rupprechter. "My team enjoys meeting the chefs and exchanging ideas and recipes with them."
This year, Kaiser Maximilian is featuring the Austrian Chef Patrick Gfrerer, the Chef de Cuisine at renowned and exclusive Kitzbühel Country Club in Tirol, Austria. "I met Patrick's Executive Chef, Reinhard Brandner through an event of the Chaine de Rotisseurs in Kitzbühel, Tirol, Austria, says Andreas, "He suggested Patrick for the Festival Gourmet International because of his fantastic repertoire of recipes and I wanted to share his talents during the festival."
The Chaîne des Rôtisseurs has nearly 25,000 members and is part of the International Association of Gastronomy established in over 80 countries. Andreas is a member. This organization brings together enthusiasts who share the same values of quality fine dining, the encouragement of the culinary arts and the pleasures of the table.
Chef Patrick started his cooking career in 2003, when he began an apprenticeship at two renowned 4-star hotels in Austria, the Parkhotel Pörtschach and the Hotel Schweizerhof. These were superb starts, which added to his experiences.
From 2006 to 2011 his path led him through various prestigious restaurants and hotels in Austria, such as Sonnenhotel Hochsölden and the well-known 5-star hotel Stanglwirt, where he continued to enhance his culinary skills.
Patrick was the Chef de Cuisine at the Hotel Andreas Hofer restaurant from 2011-2013. In late 2013 he went to work at the Kitzbühel Country Club where he started as sous chef and was later promoted to Chef de Cuisine.
"From the very beginning I was driven by the thought of turning a simple ingredient into a culinary delight," says Patrick, "I love to cook with fresh, high-quality ingredients and am keen on adding international sophistication to Alpine dishes."
In addition to his cooking career, Patrick always upgrades his education with diverse training. From 2006 to 2011 he completed certificates in patisserie and cheese sommelier. To top it off, he passed his examination for the master's certificate successfully in 2012.
This will be Patrick's first time in Mexico. However, he has visited Brazil and the Dominican Republic numerous times and he loves the open-minded and friendly culture in Central and South America.
"While in Puerto Vallarta, I want to demonstrate an understanding of Austrian Haute Cuisine," says Patrick, "My aim is to delight the restaurant's guests with my culinary know-how. For me, food is not only to eat one's fill, it's rather an experience, which has to be enjoyed. This is exactly what I want to transfer with my dishes."
He also hopes to learn from the Kaiser Maximilian chefs. In his opinion, one of the best parts about cooking is the constant learning process. Trying out new techniques and flavors can add the final touch to any dish. He is very curious about this new experience and cannot wait to attend Festival Gourmet. He says he is very honored to have this experience and is highly motivated to give his best.
Patrick's creations can be sampled during all the days of the festival via the special menu and you can savor his repertoire at the very special dinner on Saturday, November 23. This six course meal with wine pairings is $1780 pesos, tip not included. This event starts at 8:00 pm and reservations are highly recommended. You can make them at 322-223-0760.
Patrick Gfrerer Chef's Table/Theme Night
with Sommelier Alberto Hernández
• Mediterranean vegetable salad, diver scallops with tomato-basil pesto
• Hugo Grüner Veltliner 2017, Weingut Huber, Niederösterreich, Austria
• Suckling pig dumpling, apple & white cabbage, horseradish foam
• Ein Piff Stiegl-Bio-Zwickl, Austrian organic beer from Salzburg
• Cod with ratatouille risotto & crustacean foam
• Huber Riesling Terrasen 2017, Traisental DAC, from Austria
• Creamy polenta, truffle sauce & roasted portobello mushrooms
• Pradio Roncomoro Merlot 2016, Friuli, Italy
• Beef tenderloin & short rib, potato gratin, green beans with bacon & port wine sauce
• Johanneshof Reinisch St. Laurant 2017, Theremenregion, Austria
• Soaked Sacher chocolate cubes, grape-orange ragout, vanilla ice cream
• Vueve Clicquot Brut, Reims, France
If you cannot attend the chef's table or visit during the festival, the special a la carte menu runs through December 14. You can order the specials from noon to 11 pm at Espresso Bar and in The Main Dining Room from 6 to 11 pm. Just ask for the Festival Gourmet menu.
• Pumpkin Ginger Cream Soup, Ravioli with Cucumber
• Marinated Picanha & Beef Tartar with Rösti Potatoes & Salad
• Suckling Pig Dumpling, Apple & White Cabbage with Horseradish Foam
• Mediterranean Vegetable Salad, Diver Scallops with Tomato Basil Pesto
• Creamy Polenta, Truffle Sauce with Roasted Portobello
• Seared Fois Gras, Celery Cream, Sous-Vide Egg & Truffles
• Red Snapper Fillet with Cabbage & Vegetables & Red Beet Potatoes
• Cod with Ratatouille Risotto & Crustacean Foam
• Veal Stew & Veal Loin, Mashed Potatoes with Horseradish & Root Vegetables
• Beef Tenderloin & Short Rib with Port Wine Sauce, Potato Au Gratin, Green Beans, Bacon
• Roasted Venison with Celery Cream, Broccoli & Noodles
• Soaked Sacher Chocolate Cubes, Grape-Orange Ragout & Vanilla Ice Cream
• Baked Berry Schmarn with Frozen Yogurt
• Cottage Cheese Dumpling with Nougat, Amaretto Vanilla Sauce & Stracciatella Ice Cream
Chef Peter and Andreas hope you will stop by once and maybe again to savor the flavors of this wonderful menu that brings together some of the best from all over the world.
Open Monday-Saturday from 8 am to 11 pm for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Kaiser Maximilian Restaurant & Cafe is located at Olas Altas #38B in the Zona Romántica of Puerto Vallarta. For reservations call (322) 223-0760 or visit KaiserMaximilian.com
Click HERE to read more about Kaiser Maximilian.