Whether you need to throw together the kids' sandwiches quickly or you are planning to spend ample time in the kitchen preparing a potato salad from scratch, the moment you run out of mayonnaise can cause a panic - especially if there is no time for a grocery run.
With only five ingredients - many of which you may already have in your home - avocado mayonnaise can provide an easy-to-make DIY option for chefs in a pinch or cooking enthusiasts seeking a challenge.
HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO MAYONNAISE
Ingredients Needed to Yield 1 1/2 cups:
• 2 Avocados From Mexico
• Salt to taste
• Juice of half a lime
• 1/2 c. extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 jalapeño (optional)
• Halve, pit, and peel your Avocados From Mexico
• Place the avocados in a blender
• Blend lime juice and salt with avocado for 10-15 seconds or until the mixture is smooth and thick
• Slowly add in the extra-virgin olive oil as the mixture blends
• Blend until smooth and creamy; the mixture should be a soft, light-green color
• If you prefer spicy mayo, slice one jalapeño and add it to the blender. Blend until creamy and thick
Chef's note: You may need to stop your blender occasionally to ensure the avocados do not stick to the side. If they do, scrape them back into the mixture with a spoon.
Once you have mastered your homemade avocado mayo, slather it on your favorite sandwich or wrap. Try the creamy condiment on spicy steak n' guac sandwiches at your next group gathering or double down on the green goods for an easy lunch that the kids can take to school with this bacon and avocado grilled cheese.
Visit avocadosfrommexico.com for more avocado sandwich, burger, and wrap recipes to pair with your new dressing for double the green-fruit fun.