Please join U.S. Ambassador to Mexico Christopher Landau for a Virtual Town Hall Tuesday, March 31, at 3:30 pm as he discusses the most recent Department of State travel advice for U.S. citizens in light of COVID-19 and answers your questions.
Take part by going to the Embassy’s Facebook page to watch the Facebook Live event.
Submit your questions by commenting on the event while it is happening or by sending them in advance to ACSMexicoCity@state.gov using the subject: “Virtual Town Hall” in your email. We will do our best to answer as many questions as possible.
The U.S. government has no higher priority than the protection of U.S. citizens. It’s essential that you are well informed and updated. We look forward to answering your questions and providing you with our most recent travel advice.
Actions to Take:
• Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
• The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19. In countries where commercial departure options remain available, U.S. citizens who normally reside in the United States should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.
• Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Mexico.
• Learn about the latest status of consular operations at the Embassy, Consulates, and Consular Agencies.
• Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
• For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
• Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
• Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
• Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
• Call the Mexican Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 information hotline at 800 0044 800 for local information while in Mexico. English-speaking operators are often, but not always, available.
• For Emergency Assistance for U.S. citizens in Mexico, call 55-8526-2561 from Mexico or 1-844-528-6611 from the United States.
• State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444