Puerto Vallarta, Mexico – Living in the tropics comes with minor annoyances. Like bugs. No one wants to see ants, or any other insect for that matter, in their home. Knowing that insects make up the largest populations in the world, is it even possible to get rid of them? Believe it or not, you can get rid of ants with a few simple home remedies.
You would not believe how many natural remedies will assist you in keeping ants out of your home and getting rid of them overnight. The best part is that you don’t need to spend a lot of money, and you probably already have most of the ingredients in your kitchen.
• Vinegar: Ants HATE vinegar. Fill a spray bottle and squirt affected areas.
• Chalk: Simply draw a line across the area where the ants are entering. They will not cross the chalk line.
• Cinnamon: Works like a chalk line. Make a line around the affected areas and around your home. Ants won’t cross the line and it smells really nice.
• Lemon Juice: A solution of half lemon juice and half water sprayed around your home will make it smell nice and keep pests out.
• Pepper: This won’t kill ants, but it will keep them away. Ants don’t like the smell of black pepper.
• Salt: Boil salt and water. Once cooled, pour into a spray bottle and spray nooks and crannies.
• Oranges: A mixture of half fresh orange juice and half water sprayed around your home will keep the pests out and keep your home smelling sweet.
• Essential Oils: Mix 10 drops with water and spray around the affected areas. The scent keeps the ants away.
These items are all available at your local grocery stores and are great ways to keep ants away naturally. However, they are not always effective. The best way to get rid of an ant problem is to call a professional.