Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico – Get out the lederhosen and the beer steins – it’s time for Oktoberfest! For more than 200 years, Oktoberfest celebrations have been held in Munich, Germany to commemorate the October 12, 1810 marriage of Bavarian Crown Prince Ludwig to the Saxon-Hildburghausen Princess Therese.
Over the years, the folk festival has given its name to similar festivals worldwide that are at least in part modeled after the traditional Bavarian Oktoberfest. Whether the festivities are large or small, the celebrations always include lots of great food and plenty of beer.
Here in Puerto Vallarta, you can enjoy the party – without the crowds – at Kaiser Maximilian. The chefs have created a special menu featuring authentic German dishes that they’re serving up, along with the restaurant’s traditional Austrian fare, through November 10.
Kaiser Maximilian’s Oktoberfest Menu
• White Wine Soup with cinnamon croutons and sabayon
• Spätzle (homemade pasta) with Duck Confit, Cheese and Austrian Onion rings
• Smoked Sausage with Sauerkraut and sautéed potatoes
• Smoked trout, cucumber salad, greens, horseradish
• Roasted Duck with red cabbage and dumpling
• Veal Gulash with Spätzle
• Tafelspitz, braised beef with sauteed potatoes, creamy spinach, apple-horseradish and chives sauce
• Cottage Cheese Strudel with peach compote and vanilla ice cream
And since Oktoberfest is known for one thing above all else – BEER! – Kaiser Maximilian is offering a selection of Stiegl beers to complement the Oktoberfest menu.
Come out and celebrate Oktoberfest at Kaiser Maximilian through November 10, 2019. Whether dining al fresco at the European-style sidewalk café tables, or in the intimate air-conditioned dining room, you’ll enjoy the fabulous cuisine, professional service and elegant atmosphere that have made Kaiser Maximilian a top spot for fine dining in Puerto Vallarta.
Open Monday-Saturday from 8 am to 11 pm for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Kaiser Maximilian Restaurant & Cafe is located at Olas Altas #38B in the Zona Romántica of Puerto Vallarta. For reservations call (322) 223-0760 or visit KaiserMaximilian.com
Click HERE to read more about Kaiser Maximilian.