Puerto Vallarta, Mexico – The summer heat in Puerto Vallarta will certainly have you reaching for the air conditioner remote more often, but running an AC constantly can be costly. We’ve gathered some helpful tips to keep your home cool, but your utilities bills within your budget.
1. Switch to inverter AC units. Inverter air conditioners consume less power than traditional mini split units, offer more effective cooling, keep the room temperature consistent, and are more environmentally friendly than older types of a/c units. Switching is an upfront cost that will lead to savings later and increase the value of your home.
2. Get your AC units regularly serviced. Calling up an air conditioning professional at least once a year (preferably twice a year) to have your units cleaned will do wonders for how well they cool a room, using less energy and translating into savings.
3. Only turn on the AC in the room you’re in. It sounds simple, but it’s easy to forget, especially if you are accustomed to central air conditioning. If you are only going to be sitting in the living room, there’s no need to have your air on in your bedroom at the same time. Remember to turn units off and on only when you need them.
4. Don’t forget your fans. Ceiling fans are very important for air circulation. Keeping them on ensures constant air movement. But be sure to dust them, not only for a tidy home, but because dirty blades run much less efficiently.
5. Create a makeshift AC with ice and a fan. If you have a table fan, put some ice into a mixing bowl and set it right in front of it as it blows. The air will be refreshingly cooler, and this cooling system costs pennies to use.
6. Use your curtains. Keeping your curtains drawn during the hottest part of the day will keep the sun out and prevent your home from heating up during the day. Blackout curtains are an even better choice in rooms when not in use, as they’re designed to keep the light out completely.
We hope these tips help you stay comfortable and on budget this summer in Puerto Vallarta.
Since 1997, Wayne Franklin and his team at Tropicasa Realty have been a trusted name in Puerto Vallarta real estate. Tropicasa Realty is the region’s representative for “The Leading Agents of the World” and with over 100 years of combined experience in real estate, all agents of the company are affiliated with AMPI. Wayne Franklin or any member of his knowledgeable team can be contacted in-person at their Romantic Zone Office – Pulpito 145-A at Olas Altas. While in PV they can be reached at (322) 222-6505 or by calling 866-978-5539 (Toll-Free) from the U.S.