Puerto Vallarta, Mexico – As the clocks continue to seem to speed along, this is a great time to get a head start on some maintenance to make sure that your Puerto Vallarta home is in great shape and holding its value. To help, we have some easy Spring maintenance tips to help get your home in order.
- Climb up and take a look at your ceiling fans. You’ll be amazed at home much dust can accommodate on the blades in even the tidiest of homes. The dust – along with being bad for sneezing and allergies – can add extra weight to your blades making them run less efficiently. And while you’re looking at your fans, make sure they are set to turn counter-clockwise for maximum cooling.
- We reminded you last month about getting your air-conditioning units serviced. Click HERE for our full air conditioner maintenance checklist.
- Get the roof sealed to protect against the upcoming summer rainy season. There are several reputable companies around Puerto Vallarta so you can compare quotes.
- This is a great time for some exterior paint touch-ups around the home, while humidity is still low, to have quick drying times.
- Move the appliances and furniture. If you ever want to be surprised by just how dirty your “spotlessly clean” home can be, start moving some of the appliances and larger furniture. Don’t worry, we don’t judge. You’re not the only one!
Home maintenance is easy in Puerto Vallarta, particularly if you remember to make small efforts seasonally to help protect your tropical property and avoid larger scale issues from happening in the future.
Since 1997, Wayne Franklin and his team at Tropicasa Realty have been a trusted name in Puerto Vallarta real estate. Tropicasa Realty is the region’s representative for “The Leading Agents of the World” and with over 100 years of combined experience in real estate, all agents of the company are affiliated with AMPI. Wayne Franklin or any member of his knowledgeable team can be contacted in-person at their Romantic Zone Office – Pulpito 145-A at Olas Altas. While in PV they can be reached at (322) 222-6505 or by calling 866-978-5539 (Toll-Free) from the U.S.